Thursday, July 25, 2013

Satan's two favorite ways to get me down:

1. You aren't good enough.

He likes to tell me that I'm not worthy enough to pray, not good enough to repent, not talented enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not thin enough, not faithful enough, etc. So why even try?

What's awesome is that no matter what Satan tries to tell me, self-improvement is in my hands. I am in control of who I am becoming with every day that I'm given.

So when "you're not good enough" doesn't work on me, he likes to pull this one:

2. You're good enough.

What makes this one tricky is that it seems like a positive message at first. He tells me that I'm good enough just how I am. There is no need for me to reach out to others, improve myself, set new goals, or step out of my comfort zone. I'm good enough; there's no need to progress!

The truth is, a testimony is a living thing. If it is not taken care of, no matter how strong it is, it will die. Satan says to settle. Stay who you are until it starts to slip away because it's not being nourished or built upon.

What's awesome is that I have the opportunity to perfect myself little by little with the help of my Heavenly Daddy. Unlike Satan, He loves me perfectly and continually reminds me of my divine potential.

1 comment:

  1. TORI! You are wise beyond you years. I absolutely love this and think it's great how aware of yourself you are! Love you so much :)

    ReplyDelete