Tuesday, February 5, 2013

We do hard things

Any time we are confronted with challenges my parents always say "we do hard things!" This phrase has never been more profound to me than it is now. My parents do not only encourage us to do hard things, or say they do hard things, but really do. Over the past few weeks I have seen my mom selflessly serve my dad as they both go through some pretty hard things.

They both have an unfailing good attitude and faith in the Lord. I adore, admire, respect, love, and am so impressed by my wonderful, faithful, selfless, loving parents. I have a fear of the daddy-daughter dance at my wedding because I know I'll just bawl through the whole thing. I love my daddy so much. I trust that he'll make it through this cancer but I also trust that the Lord knows what is best for us. I'm so grateful to have been born in my family. I have so much to be grateful for. <3

My fairy tale parents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment